UPDATE: Rochester Police Release More Details About Sunday Night Shooting
Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) - A Detroit Lakes man who was in Rochester to watch the Super Bowl ended up at St. Marys Hospital and police say he’s lucky to be alive.
Police Capt John Sherwin has released more information about the shooting.
He says the 33-year-old went outside the home around 10:30 Sunday night for a smoke and saw two vehicles drive past. One stopped and the man exchanged words with the driver and a passenger. The man says the passenger got out and began firing a gun. Sherwin says the man ran back inside the house and that’s when he realized he had been hit.
Sherwin says the bullets passed through his body and the man had a total of seven wounds to his arms and torso. Sherwin says the wounds were not life threatening.
The man describes the vehicle as a silver Honda. The search continues for the vehicle and those involved in the shooting.
The shooting happened in the 100 block of 19th St SE, a few blocks south of the county fairgrounds.