Website Tells You If Rochester McDonald’s Ice Cream Machines Work
It's the brainchild of a guy named Rashiq (@rashiq on Twitter)
"I reverse engineered mcdonald's internal api and I'm currently placing an order worth $18,752 every minute at every mcdonald's in the US to figure out which locations have a broken ice cream machine."
That information goes to his website (https://mcbroken.com/) which is super simple. Just a map of the USA and McDonald's locations...green dots for ice-cream in service, red for ice-cream machine not in service.
No judgement, no preaching, nothing but the map and ice-cream machine reports. For instance, at the time I wrote this, all the ice-cream machines at Rochester McDonald's were working, but sorry, Byron...you'll have to shake a leg and get to Rochester for your fix.
Doesn't This Waste A Lot of Ice Cream and Make Extra Work for Employees?
It seems no...it doesn't make anyone working at a McDonald's waste time or waste ice cream. Rashiq Tweeted,
"to clarify how this works: mcdonald's keeps track which locations have a broken machine, I'm merely querying for those - no order gets executed, no ice cream is actually wasted Soft ice cream"
Good News Austin McDonald's Shake Lovers
2/3rds Good News Albert McDonald's Shake Lovers
A Mixed Bag for the Faribau-Tonna Region
Green Mean Go Winona McDonald's Ice Cream Cool Kids
Uh-Oh, MSP Has The Chicken Pox
And Just Plain Sad News For You, Story City, Iowa
There Is A McDonald's Ice Cream Machine App, Too
It may be available for Android as well as Apple, but the two ice-cream-machine checkers are not connected.
So No Juicy Behind the Scenes "McDonald's BUSTED" Ice Cream Info?
No. Because it seems 75% of the time there really it's legit maintenance going on. The other 25% of time the machine really is broken. Well, maybe 20%. People are human, after all.
Above I said "in-service" and "out-of-service" because it might be broken, but it could also be maintenance time, and until I saw this video, I had NO idea how much of a pain it is to clean it.
That may not be the EXACT machine used in McDonald's, but it give you a good idea of how huge a pain it is to clean, how long it'd take, and why you have a pretty good chance of running into an out-of-service machine.
As always, if you have a comment, complaint, or concern about something I wrote here, please let me know: firstname.lastname@example.org
What Have You Heard About Minnesotans?
This is so funny...and yes, I've heard a lot of people say this kind of stuff. Especially when I lived in Idaho.