Weird and Random New Year’s Resolutions You Could Do
2022 is coming to a close and we will be ringing in the new year! But hey you can’t have a new year without new year’s resolutions, right? But let’s be real, are we all going to set the same goals of going to the gym or eating healthy only to forget about it and slowly give up by February… yes.
Because of these basic new year’s resolutions, many people have taken time to come up with some wacky and weird resolutions, and I am here to share them with you! Are some of these surprisingly clever or are some just plain wacky? Let’s find out!
Here are 16 weird resolutions inspired by accuquote.com and scarymommy.com:
- Get a passport. Not to travel, just to own a passport.
- Go to work without a hangover at least twice a week.
- Learn a decent party trick.
- Knit more sweaters for freezing trees.
- Just look at your bank balance – refusing to doesn’t mean you have more money.
- Wave to fellow motorists at 4-way stops.
- Read more (or at least turn the subtitles on while binge-watching TV).
- Only buy pants with no buttons or zippers.
- Pick movies on Netflix swiftly and decisively so that, you actually hit play before falling asleep.
- Manage to go the entire year without accidentally telling someone random on the phone “Love you” as the call ends.
- Actually staying in the bathroom while you brush your teeth.
- Be OK with having to make more than one trip from the car to bring in groceries.
- Stop forcing your family to make New Year’s Resolutions.
- Give up blaming the family dog for every strange smell in the house when you know it came from you.
- Tell the doctor the truth when they ask how many drinks — alcoholic or caffeinated — you have in a month.
- Stop. Googling. Symptoms.
So, did you find any you want to try, or are these just plain weird? Anyways, happy new year, and remember, it’s okay if you don’t actually follow through with resolutions.