Last Chance: Where to Vote Today In Rochester/Olmsted County
Do you know where to vote TODAY Tuesday, August 9, 2022?
Today is a special election day for Minnesota's Congressional District 1 seat and Minnesota's primary election for candidates looking to compete in the general election on Tuesday, November 8, 2022.
Some polling places have changed in the City of Rochester and Olmsted County thanks to redistricting, so even if you know where to vote, check it just in case.
Info From Olmsted County
- If you are registered to vote, a postcard with your polling location information will be sent to your registered address via the U.S. Postal Service. You do not need to bring this postcard to your polling location on Election Day.
- If you have not received your postcard, or you are not registered to vote, you can find your polling location on the Minnesota Secretary of State's website.
- You can also use the Election District Finder tool to determine your election district, who represents you, and candidate information.
- You can no longer register online or by mail, that deadline has passed, however, you can register to vote on Election Day, or Monday thru Friday from 8 - 5 PM and Saturday, August 6, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Olmsted County Elections Office or Government Center at 151 4th Street SE, Rochester, MN.
- You're strongly encouraged to register as soon as possible.
What Do I Bring to Register to Vote?
Information on what you need to bring can be found on the Minnesota Secretary of State website. Voters must be at least 18 years old on Election Day.
What’s On the August 9, 2022, Ballot?
In addition to state and federal races (including the special election for Minnesota’s Congressional District 1 seat), several local races will be on your August 9 ballot. CLICK HERE TO SEE the sample ballot.
- Olmsted County (Primary election)
- Board of Commissioners, District 4
- Board of Commissioners, District 5
Information on everyone who filed for Olmsted County Commissioner District seats, Sheriff, County Attorney, and Soil and Water Supervisor is on the Minnesota Secretary of State website.
City of Rochester (Primary election)
- City Council, Ward 1
- City Council, Ward 3
- School Board, Position 2
- School Board, Position 5
- School Board, Position 6
Information on everyone who filed for Mayor, City Council, and School Board is on the City of Rochester website.
U.S. Representative District 1 (Special election and primary election)
- The August 9 special election ballot will include candidates competing to fill Minnesota’s Congressional District 1 seat, which was left vacant following the death of Representative Jim Hagedorn.
- The winner will serve the remaining five months of Hagedorn’s second term.
- A primary election will also be on the August 9 ballot with Congressional District 1 candidates vying for a spot in the November 8 general election.
- The winner of the general election will begin a new term as Minnesota’s Congressional District 1 representative in 2023.
- Information on everyone who filed for U.S. Representative District 1 is on the Minnesota Secretary of State website.
I Want to Vote Absentee by Mail for November's General Election
To request an absentee ballot for the November 8 general election, please use the online absentee application. The completed absentee application must be returned by mail or in-person to the Olmsted County Elections Office at 2122 Campus Dr. SE, Suite 300, Rochester, MN 55904, or the Olmsted County Government Center at 151 4th St. SE, Rochester, MN 55904.
General election – Register to Vote
- You can register to vote online or download an application here.
- The online registration deadline and the register by mail deadline are the same, 21 days before Election Day, i
- In-person registration deadline: Available up to and including on Election Day
For the latest election updates and further details about voting in Olmsted County and the City of Rochester, Minnesota, including links to online tools, visit the following sites:
- Olmsted County: www.olmstedcounty.gov/vote
- City of Rochester: www.rochestermn.gov/vote
- Minnesota Secretary of State: www.mnvotes.org
Olmsted County has videos available regarding election security
and voting absentee.
Are you looking to buy a house but can't believe the prices? This home is awesome, and way below the normal price because you're buying the house, not the land.
Amazing 110-Year Old Kutzky Park Home for Sale - Just $220,000
- Home is in the Community Land Trust program (homeowner owns home and improvements. $25/month land lease, Income guidelines)
- Amazing Balcony off of the master bedroom.
- All three bedrooms on the upper floor
- Bonus room on the top floor that could be a fourth bedroom.
- Original woodwork also stained glass.
- Sunroom off the kitchen and dining room
As always, if you have a comment, complaint, or concern about something I wrote here, please let me know: firstname.lastname@example.org
Listen On-Demand with the Y105FM app, and on the following podcast platforms: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify