30 Ways to Pay It Forward Today
Today has been claimed as Global Pay It Forward Day. Now, this really should be every day but its set as a proclamation to the world that when we work together and all work on spreading kindness, we can make big changes in the world. ONE act of kindness is like a drop in water. The ripples from that drop spread far and wide with no end. Started in 2007, its a celebration of how one small act of kindness can make a big impact in the world. The holiday now spreads love and happiness in over 85 countries.
Spread the message on Facebook with a picture of a heart on your hand and #StandingForKindness.
Here are 30 Ways To Celebrate Today With A Simple Act Of Kindness.
- Give a stranger a compliment.
- Encourage someone who needs it with words, a smile, or maybe a hug.
- Let someone go in front of you at the supermarket.
- Buy the next person in line a coffee.
- Write a letter or email to someone who made a difference in your life, telling them why.
- Donate something anonymously to a person in need.
- Look after a busy parent’s kid(s) for an hour.
- Mow the lawn for someone who can’t do it themselves.
- Visit a grandparent or older person you know in a nursing home.
- Donate some food to your local food bank.
- Tidy up Rochester by picking up any garbage you see (Support #LitterBitBetter!).
- Read a story to your children, even if you’re busy and it isn’t bedtime.
- Bring a card for someone at your workplace, telling them how you appreciate their hard work.
- Send flowers to cheer someone up.
- Go through your closet and donate some good quality clothes to a local charity.
- Become a Big Brother or Big Sister to a child that would benefit from a mentor.
- Give a really generous tip to your waiter / waitress.
- Do the dishes or load the dishwasher, even if it isn’t your turn.
- Let someone else have your prime parking space.
- Smile and say hello to five strangers today.
- Let another child go first on the slide or swings in the playground.
- Volunteer for a local organization.
- Buy your co-worker lunch.
- Support a local producer through Rochester's Farmer’s Market.
- Bring a special treat to work for your co-workers.
- Help someone load or unload their groceries.
- Let someone go ahead of you in traffic.
- Put post-it notes with positive sayings on random lockers at school.
- Deliver a meal to someone who is sick.
- Hold the door open for someone who has their hands full.
Check out acts of kindness locally on the C.A.K.E. Facebook Page.