Grab Your Fishing Poles for this Free Event
Grab your fishing rod because it is time for the 6th Annual Kids Ice Fishing Expo at Chester Woods!
I've got three kids, two that are boys, and when I saw that there was a fishing event coming up that had the word "free" on it, I had to pay attention. My boys would love this and I gotta be honest...I am not the one to take them fishing or show them how it is done. I mean, I can't even touch the bait. :)
Hooks & Spurs, an organization that works to help get kids in the outdoors, shared a post the other day on their Facebook page:
Go check out the event page and add these bits of info to your calendar.
- Kids Ice Fishing Expo
- Chester Woods Lake, 8378 Hwy 14 SE
- February 17th, 2018
- 10am - 3pm
- Prizes for Kids & Adults
- Bait provided - looks like it is free!
- Hot Chocolate, hot dogs, chips, water
- Parking Fee and Fishing License are required, so please purchase the fishing license ahead of time.
Learn more about Hooks & Spurs on their Facebook page.
Do you have an event you'd like to share? Add it in the comments or on our website's community calendar page. We've got the perfect spot for you to get the word out! Find the info right here.
Listen to Jessica Williams from 10am until 2pm on Y105FM
Here are a few other fun articles to check out:
- Outdoor fun for kids - mom approved and my own kids tested these out!
- Warm and Friendly Indoor Fun for Kids - places and things I've done with my kiddos.
- And if you have little ones that are scared of a carwash (like my youngest was!)...here is a fun video with a few helpful ideas to get through those moments