Warm and kid-friendly indoor fun around Rochester
When we need a break from our gloves and snow pants, try out a few of these indoor places to play around Rochester that are kid-friendly and mom approved.
We tried to keep this list to just indoor stuff but we had so many great ideas from YOU that we also shared a list of outdoor fun that you can find here!
Kid-friendly fun: indoor ideas around Rochester
- Movies! There are some great movie deals for kids at some of our local theatres. Since movie times and the shows change quite often, I'd suggest checking these websites for more info: Cinemagic, Marcus Wehrenberg Theatre, CMX Paragon Chateau
- Indoor Play Areas. Here are a few that are mom-approved:
- Monkey Junction
- Soccer World - they are now offering open gym time for preschoolers starting January 5th.
- Bowlocity - arcade, bowling & lazer tag
- Rochester Art Center - there is a play area on the 3rd floor!
- Rochester Public Library - fun, interactive area in the children's area
- McDonald's Playplace (over by Apache Mall)
- Apache Mall play area - for little ones
- Bounce World
- Mall of America - great amusement park inside!
- Chuck E. Cheese's
- Minnesota Children's Museum of Rochester
- Children's Museum of La Crosse, Wisconsin - it is a little drive but a fun day trip and great, interactive exhibits
- SPAM museum in Austin, Minnesota (this one is free!)
- Other Fun Stuff in and around Rochester
- ABC & Toy Zone
- Minnesota Zoo - a little drive but there are great inside exhibits too!
- Como Park Zoo & Conservatory - free zoo in the Twin Cities that has great animals and plants
- Sea Life Mall of America Aquarium
- Scheels - some fun games to play here!
- Barnes & Noble
- Walk the skyways or subway in Rochester
- Coffee shop - bring some games from home and enjoy some new scenery as you hang out (parents...easy way for you to get a coffee too!)
- Quarry Hill Nature Center
Do you have another fun, indoor place to play that is kid-friendly? We tried to include all the ideas that came in from our listeners but probably missed a few (but not on purpose!). Feel free to add your favorite place in the comments!