Save the Dates! The riverfront in Rochester, Minnesota will be full of food, people, music, and fun items that you can buy on July 17th, August 21st, and September 18th for a brand new event called The Night Market.
Hey Rochester, you are invited to The Night Market in downtown Rochester!
Put together by CHOOCHOO-ca-CHEW, Experience Rochester, Rochester Art Center, and Threshold Arts, The Night Market is open to everyone and will be a fun night to experience a taste of Asia this summer and fall.
Here are a few things that you'll have a chance to enjoy at The Night Market:
- Persimmon Bakeshop - a Taiwanese baker known locally for its top-tier sourdough bread, croissants, and macaroons.
- Thai Pop - local restaurant that just announced they are moving into the old Nellie's restaurant.
- Wenonah Body Lab - a small batch-crafted natural soap and body care company.
- Asian Food Store - selling Asian snacks and other groceries.
- Live performances - enjoy those in the Art Center's grand lobby.
- ...and more food, boba tea, games, arts, handmade products, and fresh produce, with a vendor roster emphasizing Asian & black, Indigenous and people of color(BIPOC).
“An event like this is important, because ever since I moved here, I’ve seen small businesses struggle. It's hard for them to be at the same platform as some of the larger businesses, because they can't pay as much. It’s also tough for some minority businesses, because they don't always get the same information. In some ways, they live in a different community. The info that’s posted at the Asian Food Store, for example, isn’t the same information that’s posted at downtown coffee shops.” Tiffany Alexandria, CHOOCHOO-ca-CHEW
Check out these other great events happening in Southeast Minnesota this summer!
Summer is here and if you are looking for something fun to do with friends or family, check out the list of fun, summer events happening all over Southeast Minnesota. Just scroll below to see a huge list of fun ideas.