Y-105FM logo
Get our free mobile app

Everyone's read about the trouble in Texas with the cold temperatures and snow. But what if you're here in Minnesota's Olmsted County and you need help with energy bills? Read on.

What you're looking for is Energy Assistance, which is available to help with your connected utility bills. So if you heat with propane, electric, or even pellets, there's a program to help. It's a federal program to keep you warm and keep the power on, and, some homeowners may be able to get free heating system repair or replacement.

How do you find out if you're eligible for help? Get in touch with Three Rivers Community Action, who says their help is for people of all ages and varying sources of income.

Because eligibility is income based, you may think you don't qualify, but a lot of people are surprised to find out they ARE eligible. Besides, filling out the application and sending it in (or dropping it off) can't hurt, right?


Or call Three Rivers Community Action: (507) 316-0610 or 800-277-8418, Ext. 154

As always, if you have a comment, complaint, or concern about something I wrote here, please let me know: james.rabe@townsquaremedia.com

Listen to James Rabe and Jessica Williams Weekday from 6 - 10 AM on Y-105 FM

Is this Minnesota winter as bad as ones from the past? I think the data would show it's been a lot nicer, though the freezing temps and slippery streets make it easy to forget these bad winters...

GALLERY: Remembering Past Minnesota Winters

More From Y-105FM