Jessica’s 5 Tips to Help You Get To The Gym In The Morning
I haven't always been a regular at the gym. There was a time when it took everything I had to get myself there in the early morning ... and by early, I mean, my alarm went off at 4:45 am. Yes ... you read that right. 4:45 am.
I would have rather gone to the gym when the sun was shining but that early-morning block of time was my only free time as a mom who worked full time. I'll be honest, I wasn't always jumping out of bed, excited to leave the house that early but I did learn a few tricks to actually get myself to the gym.
If you've been struggling with getting those workouts done, maybe these tips will help you:
1) Pack your bag the night before. You will have everything you need, all ready to go, and you don't have to worry about getting up early and finding everything. If you don't do this, you also risk forgetting important items, like shirts to wear after your shower, and you will have to call your daughter to bring you clean clothes.
2) Ask a friend to join you! It's always more fun to workout with someone so ask around on social media and see who wants to join you. I can almost guarantee that someone you know probably wants to go, too, but doesn't want to go by themselves. Actually, if you ever want to go with me, join me at Orangetheory Fitness! Anyone can try out a class for free, and I'd love to have you join me. Let me know when you are going to Orangetheory! Send me a message on my Facebook page or DM me on Instagram.
3) Get your coffee ready the night before. Grind the beans. Put the coffee filter in. Get the water in. In other words, get everything ready so all you have to do is hit that "on" button in the morning. Better yet, if you've got one of those fancy coffee pots, program your coffee pot to start while you are just waking up, and you will wake up to the smell of awesome coffee. #yum
4) Set your alarm ... twice. I always have two alarms set on my phone just in case I sleep through the first. You could also put your alarm clock or phone in the hallway or away from your bed so you have to get up out of bed to turn it off.
5) Wear your workout clothes to bed. It might not seem ideal but putting those pesky sports bras on when you are still waking up, it's just not a fun way to start your day.
Bonus Tip! Put your workout on your schedule. Write it down and block out that space for you. I use the Orangetheory Fitness app, which then adds it to my calendar for me. Easy peasy and also helps me stay accountable.
Are you looking for a gym in Rochester? Try Orangetheory Fitness for free! Right now they have a complimentary introductory workout that you can sign up for. Get all the info at their website here or give them a call at 507-722-2683.