Local Theatre Is Full Of Life…And Green Characters
Singing. Dancing. Drama. Oh, and a green person.
If you haven't had a chance to see Shrek the Musical at the Rochester Civic Theatre, you've only got a few days left to catch this performance. I had a chance to watch the show with my kids a few weeks ago and I've got to say, it was so charming. I'll share the info below on when and where you can watch this but first, let me share a few of my kids' favorite parts:
- There was more than one Fiona in this musical (go watch, you will see why) but the harmony and vocals of these individuals were amazing.
- Donkey. My kids thought Donkey was awesome in the movies and on this stage...they gave the character another gold star. (from the sounds of the crowd, Donkey was a pretty popular vote for the favorite character too)
- Shrek. It's not every day that you see a green ogar in Rochester, but, he is definitely a presence in this musical.
- The "boy humor" was a favorite with my kids...and they were laughing and giggling every time there was a burp or fart noise. Yes. That's what I wrote. ;)
Great job by the entire cast and everyone that helped make this musical a success! I spoke with a lot of kids and families that were excited to see the show and we even had some dancing happen on the stage with the characters after the show. (click here to find the video)
I know there are some tickets still available and here are the details on how to grab some seats. I'll add the schedule for the rest of the performances that are coming up at the Rochester Civic Theatre too.
Shrek the Musical
- Show going on until September 30th
- Find show info and buy tickets at this link (click here)
Upcoming Shows at the Rochester Civic Theatre