Love Carbs? This Pasta Dinner Is Easy and Quick
Friday, as I was leaving work, I had a HUGE hankering for pasta. And not just egg noodles, butter, and parmesan cheese (as delicious as that is, right?). So, I remembered a dinner I made a few years ago, and it is SO good.
It really takes no time at all. The only thing you MUST have is the garlic lovers pasta at Peoples Food Co-op. Super garlic taste, some cheese, and pasta-y goodness. Then, pick a veggie. I went with broccoli because I had it handy, in the freezer. Then protein. Last time I did andouille sausage, this time it was kielbasa. Put it all together, and bam.
If I wasn't living alone, it'd make up to 4 servings...just add a lot of broccoli, really bulks it up. Since I do live alone, it made two LARGE and very comforting servings, the second one I tossed in the freezer.
Here's the actual recipe.
- Garlic Lovers Pasta (one $4 - $5 container should be enough)
- Butt load of broccoli
- Precooked andouille sausage (or kielbasa, smokes sausage, whatever)
- Frying pan
- Olive oil
- Add a little olive oil to fryin' pan on medium high.
- Fresh or frozen, microwave the broccoli 'til it's hot.
- While that's heating, slice up a couple of servings of the pasta (I cut each disk of sausage into two or three pieces...smaller = faster heating in fryin' pan).
- Throw pasta salad in fryin' pan, warm it up while moving it about now and then. Add the sausage, moving it about while it warms up. After about a minute, add the broccoli. Move it around, mix it up, and add to a bowl.
Eat it, but first, take a picture, post it on Instagram, and tag Y-105FM.