Minnesota’s BEST Egg Bake Recipe (WARNING TOTS AHEAD)
This past Sunday on the farm, my girlfriend Diana made the best egg bake I've ever had. I'm not saying that just because she's my sweetie-pie, I'm saying it because I took a bite, put down my fork, and cried. The Perfect Egg Bake Journey finally reached its destination.
I found Minnesota's Best Egg Bake. Invented two hours west in Truman.
What Makes This Egg Bake So Special?
Two things make Diana's Magical Egg Bake great. One is adding tater tots and the other is a magical ingredient only people in Martin County, Minnesota seem to know about. A rub called Martin County Magic.
Please Stop Talking About the Recipe and Give Me the Recipe
Diana's Magical Egg Bake
- 12 large eggs
- About a cup of shredded Monterey Jack
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (32-oz.) package frozen Tater Tots
- About a cup of shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound or so of ground pork (farm fresh is best)
- Martin County Magic Pork Rub to taste
- Absorbent cloth napkins or shop towels.
- About 12 hours before you need the egg bake, break up the ground pork and season it liberally with Martin County Magic.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- 15-20 minutes before you start, take seasoned ground pork out of the fridge.
- Brown seasoned ground pork. Do not overcook it unless you like flavorless carbon nibbles in your egg bake.
- As that's browning, gently whisk together eggs, Monterey Jack cheese, milk, salt, pepper, and ground pork in a large bowl.
- Make a bottom layer of Tater Tots on a lightly greased 13 x 9 baking dish (neat as a pin, or sloppy, it does NOT matter unless you like your egg bake to look awesome and devil-may-care, then you just kinda wanna put 'em in sloppy).
- Gently pour egg mixture over Tater Tots.
- Top evenly with Cheddar cheese.
Bake 40-50 minutes until it's beautifully brown. You may see some Tater Tot Ice Bergs, that's OK...gives it a wonderful homemade look. Let stand for ten minutes. Serve.
What About the Absorbent Cloth Napkins or Shop Towels.
Oh, hand those out to everyone while it's baking, for the anticipatory drool.
As always, if you have a comment, complaint, or concern about something I wrote here, please let me know: email@example.com
Click Play to Hear The Y-105FM Early Morning Show Radio-On-Demand Podcast!
Listen On-Demand with the Y105FM app, and on the following podcast platforms: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify
Hungry? Keep Scrolling for Famous Food.
Look up the year you were born and start sharing that info at every opportunity.