Minnesota’s Oldest County Fair is Full of Fun for its 165th Year!
One of the best parts about summer is all of the county fairs in the land of 10,000 lakes! If you are looking for a fun one in July, Minnesota's oldest county fair is happening once again just 20 minutes from Rochester in the historic town of Kasson.
Minnesota's Oldest County Fair is Back for its 165th Year in 2022
Keep your calendar open for July 13th - 17th because Minnesota's oldest county fair is coming back for its 165th year! Kids will love seeing the animals, watching the demolition derby and of course, there is always amazing fair food to enjoy!
Many years ago, Kasson was where I called home and I remember taking my kids through the different barns to visit the animals. Seeing their eyes get wide when they saw animals that were bigger than they were and watching their expressions when they heard a "moo" for the first time was truly a priceless experience.
Everything you need to know about the Dodge County Free Fair in Minnesota
- WHEN: July 13th - 17th, 2022
- WHERE: Dodge County Fairgrounds, 62922 State Highway 57, Kasson, Minnesota (Get directions)
- WHAT: Minnesota's oldest county fair is back for its 165th year and will be full of carnival rides, food, games, and entertainment that everyone loves at the fair! There's a pie baking and hot dish competition, 4-H exhibits, and more!
- LEARN MORE: Check the Dodge County Free Fair website here for all of the exhibit and event details.
- WIN FREE GRANDSTAND TICKETS! If you'd love to win some grandstand tickets, check out the Y-105FM Facebook page for a fun contest happening the week of July 4th!
What's your favorite part of a county fair?
When you visit a county fair, what do you always tend to look at first? Is it the adorable (and sometimes huge!) animals? Maybe the 4-H projects are on your must-see list! Whatever you love looking at the most, let me know over on my Facebook page - Jessica On The Radio!