Nickelodeon Universe at the Mall of America in Minnesota Opening August 10th
The e-mail that my kids have been waiting for showed up in my inbox this morning. Nickelodeon Universe at the Mall of America in Minnesota announced their plan to open back up. Before you load up the car, keep reading because there are some pretty big changes in place to help keep you and everyone safe.
August 10th is the first day you can hop on a ride at Nickelodeon Universe but their e-mail and website have stated that they have a few changes in place. Here are a few of those that you can expect to see during their first step of reopening:
- The Junior/Family Rides that will be open are - Backyardigans Swing-Along, Big Rigs, Blue's Skidoo, Carousel, Diego's Rescue Rider, Ghost Blasters, Guppy Bubbles, and Swiper's Sweeper
- The Thrill Rides that will be open are - Brain Surge, Fairly Odd Coaster, Pepsi Orange Streak, SpongeBob SquarePants Rock Bottom Plunge
- Masks - all guests are required to wear masks while in Nickelodeon Universe. Kids 2 and under and anyone with special medical conditions are exempt.
- Physical Distancing - throughout Nickelodeon Universe, you can find floor markings to help you keep your distance from other guests and stay safe.
- Increased Cleaning - to help you stay as safe as possible, you will see an increase in cleaning throughout Nickelodeon Universe.
- Two-Hour Unlimited Ride Pass - these will be available to purchase starting August 10th and are available at the Nickelodeon Shop at the North Entrance. Here's how the passes will work:
- The passes are valid for two hours and offer unlimited rides
- You will have exclusive access to the Park
- There is a limit of 250 people in Nickelodeon Universe
- Passes for riders are $19.99 + tax
- Non-rider passes are $4.99 + tax
- If you have an Annual Pass, you can get one, Two hour unlimited rides pass per day.
- No discounts or special offers are being accepted
Now, I'm wondering if the wrist bands that I have that expired in June are going to still be valid? Hmm. I guess I'll be sending them an e-mail on that question.
If you've got questions or are looking for other updates, just click here to get to the Mall of America's website.
What's your favorite family-friendly activity in Minnesota? Let me know over on my Facebook page (Jessica On The Radio) or DM me on Instagram.
Listen to Jessica Williams weekdays from 6 am until 10 am on Y105FM's Early Morning Show with James Rabe and Jessica Williams