Top 10 Safest States Include Minnesota and Iowa
Minnesotans and Iowans can smile a little bit bigger today because it was just released that both states are in the Top 10 list for safest states.
Wallethub.com shared the exciting news on their website along with some details on how the list was created:
In order to determine the safest states in America, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 53 key safety indicators grouped into five different categories. Our data set ranges from the state’s coronavirus support to assaults per capita and the unemployment rate.- www.wallethub.com
A lot of different factors were studied to figure out where states ranked including personal and residential safety, financial safety, road safety, workplace safety and emergency preparedness.
Where do Minnesota and Iowa rank in each of the categories?
- Personal and Residential Safety - Minnesota ranked 11th and Iowa ranked 3rd
- Financial Safety - Minnesota ranked 4th and Iowa came in 3rd
- Road Safety - Minnesota is 3rd on the list and Iowa is 4th
- Workplace Safety - Minnesota is #1 and Iowa is #10
- Emergency Preparedness - Minnesota came in at 21 and Iowa is down the list at 44.
What state is the safest? The top 10 safest states include the following: #1 Maine, #2 Vermont, #3 Minnesota, #4 Utah, #5 Wyoming, #6 Iowa, #7 Massachusetts, #8 New Hampshire, #9 Connecticut, and #10 Rhode Island.
YIKES: Look Inside Minnesota's Least Expensive Home