Some devastating "closing" news hit more than twenty different towns throughout seven states including Minnesota, North Dakota, Utah, Nebraska, Montana, and Kansas.
Popular Fast Food Restaurant In Minnesota Closing 9 Stores
According to Restaurant Business, Meridian Restaurants Unlimited, which manages over 100 Burger King franchisees, filed for bankruptcy. Many of the Burger King locations that they manage are remaining open but unfortunately, the following 27 restaurants are closing.
- MONTANA - Lewistown, Billings Downtown, and Columbia Falls
- UTAH - Heber, Sandy - Fort Union, Clearfield, Lehi, Saratoga Springs, Sandy - South Towne, Draper, Roy, Salt Lake City - North Temple
- KANSAS - McPherson
- NEBRASKA - York, Lincoln - O Street, Lincoln - Superior Street
- NORTH DAKOTA - Grand Forks
- WYOMING - Cody
- MINNESOTA - Alexandria, East Grand Forks, Fergus Falls, Litchfield, Willmar, Long Prairie, Montevideo, Redwood Falls, Moorhead
See the full list of closings, including additional location details, here.
Rochester, Minnesota Businesses That Closed in 2022
As soon as I heard that multiple Burger King locations were closing in Minnesota, I was concerned about our Rochester stores. The Med City has had quite a few businesses close in the last few months that have left empty storefronts and many individuals that had to hunt to find new jobs. Just the other day, Pescara in downtown Rochester announced that they were closing for good.
2022 was a rough year though for closings for Rochester. Some businesses and restaurants closed with some notice for their fans and guests. Other companies just closed up shop and threw a note up on the door. You can see a pretty full list below of places in Southeast Minnesota that said goodbye in 2022.