Indoor Fun For Kids And Families In Southeast Minnesota
'Tis the season where the teenagers refuse to wear coats and gloves while the rest of us are all bundled up as we scrape our windows. Hello, winter!
Going to a local park or walk outside with the little ones while it is frigid outside is still possible but being indoors for some playtime will lead to less crying and warmer fingers and toes. Plus, you know as soon as you put on all of the snowpants, gloves, hat, and boots, someone is going to have to go to the bathroom...so there goes another 20 minutes.
Here are a few fun and indoor places to go with your kids this winter:
- Movies! There are some great movie deals for kids at some of our local theatres. Since movie times and the shows change quite often, I'd suggest checking these websites for more info: Cinemagic, Marcus Wehrenberg Theatre, CMX Paragon Chateau
- Indoor Play Areas. Here are a few that are mom-approved:
- Monkey Junction
- Soccer World
- Bowlocity - arcade, bowling & lazer tag
- Rochester Art Center - there is a play area on the 3rd floor!
- Pipsqueaks - indoor play area
- Rochester Public Library - fun, interactive area in the children's area
- McDonald's Playplace (over by Apache Mall)
- Apache Mall play area - for little ones
- Bounce World
- Mall of America - great amusement park inside!
- Chuck E. Cheese's
- Air Insanity Indoor Trampoline Park
- Chick-fil-A play area (over by the Apache Mall)
- Edinborough Park - huge indoor play area in Edina
- Other Fun Stuff in and around Rochester
- ABC & Toy Zone
- Minnesota Zoo - a little drive but there are great inside exhibits too!
- Como Park Zoo & Conservatory - free zoo in the Twin Cities that has great animals and plants
- Sea Life Mall of America Aquarium
- Scheels - some fun games to play here!
- Barnes & Noble
- Walk the skyways or subway in Rochester
- Coffee shop - bring some games from home and enjoy some new scenery as you hang out (parents...easy way for you to get a coffee too!)
- Quarry Hill Nature Center