Minnesota Applebee’s Restaurant Now Permanently Closed
READ MORE: Minnesota Walmart Store Closing For Good
Applebee's Restaurant Shutters Suddenly Near the Walmart That Closed in Minnesota
If you were wanting to grab a burger and fries at Applebee's in Brooklyn Center, Minnesota, you'll have to pick another spot. Sadly, this specific Applebee's location at 1400 Brookdale Mall is officially closed. According to to Bring Me The News, the restaurant closed at the end of March.
Update: The president of the Applebee's franchisee that the Brooklyn Center restaurant falls under sent us the following statement regarding the permanent closure:
“Our Applebee's restaurant at 1400 Shingle Creek Parkway in Brooklyn Center is now closed. All team members have been offered positions at our nearby restaurants. We greatly appreciate our neighbors' patronage for the past 38 years and loved being part of this neighborhood. We hope to see you soon at our neighboring restaurants in New Hope, Fridley, and Maple Grove.”
– Katy Sienko, Market President, Apple American Group, an Applebee’s franchisee
Other Stores That Have Closed In and Around the Walmart in Brooklyn Center, Minnesota
Walmart and Applebee's aren't the only stores that have closed in this area of Brooklyn Center.
Below is a map of a few other larger stores that have also closed recently and in the past few years. Starting at the bottom middle and going clockwise is:
- Walmart -1200 Shingle Creek Pkwy - closing soon
- Sears -1297 Shingle Creek Dr - closed in 2018
- Applebee's -1400 Brookdale Mall - closed in March 2023
- The Discount Tire store, which is next to Applebee's, is also permanently closed.
- Target - 6100 Shingle Creek Parkway - closed in 2019
Other Local News You May Have Missed:
- We Now Know What Might Be Going in the Old Color Me Mine Location in Rochester
- Three New Restaurants Opening in the Mall of America in Minnesota
- After 13 Years, Popular Rochester New Anchor is Saying Goodbye
- New Joann Fabrics Store is Now Open in Rochester, Minnesota