Tips for Fireworks Safety
I love fireworks! Sitting on the grass on a warm evening watching a great fireworks display is one of the best parts of summer. To help everyone enjoy the Fourth of July and avoid injury or worse, I’ve gathered some safety tips from kidshealth.org and cpsc.gov!
Fireworks Safety Tips
- Be aware of all local laws regarding fireworks
- Never allow kids to ignite or play with fireworks
- Always have an adult oversee sparkler use as well
- Keep a bucket of water handy
- Always read the instructions
- Only purchase fireworks from a reliable source
- Wear safety glasses when using fireworks
- Avoid homemade fireworks
- Alcohol and fireworks are a bad mix
- Keep spectators at a safe distance
- Never light fireworks near dry grass
- Always light one firework at a time
- Never try to relight duds or fireworks that didn’t launch
- Sparklers should be lit one at a time
- Do not wave or run while holding sparklers, and never throw them
- Keep pets indoors, the loud noise can scare them
- Use common sense
Stay safe and have a great Fourth of July!
It is so easy to get free Boyz II Men Tickets! Just show us your boy and your man! Literally, take a pic, upload it, and tickets could be yours, but do it by tonight at midnight! Click here (or the picture) to make it happen.